The Application support specialist will act as the 2ndline technical escalation for issues related to the Customs Management application as a whole but primarily focused on a key program that allows an importer to make post-entry (Customs entry) summary adjustments that may not be determinable at the time the merchandise was entered. The individual is responsible for the support, maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities for the service(s). These activities include incident resolution and management, problem and change management and ensuring that SLA targets are met.
- Will be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation, providing maintenance, support, and problem analysis/resolution
- May handle multiple applications and activities.
- Data Analysis for RECON program
- Familiar with supporting of issues using a ticketing system.
- Investigate and resolve application errors, data discrepancies and queries;
- Receive and work on requests for support from users; investigate problems
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
- Provide support and solution to inquiries or issues raised which may entail developing work-around, working with business to propose operating procedures, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to software vendor.
- Monitor application systems by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software or ticket trends/issues reported. Note problems and identify performance trends. Where approved, take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising;
- Liaise with software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Takes ownership of technical issues and take the initiative to drive the fixes to conclusion
- Manages problems and resolves support issues with a focus on root cause analysis to reduce recurring issues.
- Proactively monitors and identifies application improvement opportunities, providing input to optimize the service.
- Participates in technical acceptance testing before moving changes into production.
- Works closely with the rest of the support team members to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Coordinates issue resolution efforts across product, development, customers and vendors as required
- Ensures Service Level agreements are met.