A Service Desk Contractor provides first-level end-user support and incident diagnosis for Republic Services' applications, endpoints, and infrastructure. A Service Desk Contractor acts as a single point of contact between the end-user and other IT resources. This position also documents incoming interactions and their resolutions and manages ticket routing and incident resolution with other IT resources.
• Responds to incoming interactions initiated via phone.
• Fulfills incoming service requests.
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots incidents with endpoint hardware, enterprise applications, locally installed software, and other industry standard technologies.
• Uses the IT Service Management tool to accurately document all incoming Interactions and resolutions.
• Appropriately escalates incidents as required and monitors resolution progress until the incident is resolved to the caller's satisfaction.
• Keeps IT Service Desk team and management informed of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
• Researches support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources including, but not limited to, the IT Service Management tool, external knowledge bases, software manuals, and via collaboration with other team members.
• Works to consistently improve call handling, documentation quality, overall end-user experience, and resolution processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.