R42 is a modern Loyalty and Benefits platform, built as a set of Microservices and designed to be able to handle all aspects of the Loyalty and Benefits customer experience, globally. Build using modern tools/stacks such as Golang, Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker. As a Software Engineer on an R42 Scrum team, you will be driving test automation and testing related best practices to enable your team to achieve business goals working on the R42 platform. You will also coordinate and work with other Engineers across the platform to share knowledge and principals.
- The candidate should have excellent soft skills, strong technical ability with an extensive passion to learn
- Comfortable with modern test-focused development approaches
- Comfortable with modern datastores like postgres, cassandra, elasticsearch
- Comfortable/experienced with back-end micro-service automation specifically REST and asynchronous messaging services (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ etc)
- Demonstratable experience with Golang as a programming Language
- Comfortable/experience within a Scrum framework working with as part of a team to deliver business functions and customer journeys that are tested and automated throughout the CICD pipeline to production
- Experience in professional software development, with an emphasis on automated testing.
- Proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid understanding of test-driven development, including unit, component, functional, system integration and regression tests.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Knowledge of the following tools : Cucumber/Godog or other BDD tools, Kubernetes, Docker, Rest Assured / Resty or other REST API testing tools, Wiremock/Mountebank or other HTTP stubbing tools.
- Experienced in continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT), including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA and version control such as GIT or SVN
REST Web services
REST web services, Kafka
Cucumber, Kubernetes, RestAssured, CI/CD, Jenkins