Sr ServiceNow CMDB Engineer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (hybrid)
*Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor an employment Visa for this position.
- Prior experience with ServiceNow CMDB, Discovery, and Service Mapping
- CM2 Comprehensive (CM2-C) or higher-level certification
- ITIL Foundations or higher-level certification
- Prior Financial Services and/or FinTech industry experience
This position is chartered with the strategic and operational identification, creation, and maintenance of configuration item data within the enterprise configuration management database (CMDB). This role will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the organization's infrastructure configuration data on an ongoing basis by designing, communicating, and continually improving policies, processes, and compliance standards as necessary.
- Define and manage the scope of configuration items (CIs) to be identified and controlled, ensure agreement on naming conventions, and establish configuration item baselines
- Maintain the overall integrity and accuracy of the CMDB including CI status information, central libraries, tools, common codes, and data
- Identify, accept, and record the receipt of new and updated CIs to be maintained in the CMDB and the relationships between them
- Verify changes to CI data are documented in an approved record and that the CMDB is updated once a change is implemented
- Evaluate and approve discovered CI data for accuracy and update discovery tools with new or updated CI data as needed
- Schedule and execute ongoing CMDB reconciliations and analyses to ensure CI data integrity and accuracy against discovery data and physical asset inventories; document any resulting corrective actions
- Assist with internal/external audit and regulatory compliance activities related to Configuration Management and the CMDB
- Design, develop, and produce reports on CMDB data, including management reports, impact analysis reports, and configuration status reports
- Support, propose and design the integration points with other key processes including Change Management, Incident and Problem Management, Infrastructure and Network Administration, etc.
- Monitor and measure Configuration Management process performance against defined KPIs and metrics
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data
- Education and/or experience typically obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields.
- 5 or more years experience in Configuration Management, IT Service Management, Systems Administration, or related fields
- 3 or more years experience in managing configuration items and an enterprise CMDB in a high security environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining a multi-source CMDB
- Basic knowledge of common IT platforms and technologies (i.e. Windows, Linux, Virtualization, Networking, Telecom, leading Business Applications)
- Proven experience in managing configuration items and an enterprise CMDB in a high security environment
- Skillset and/or knowledge of leading CMDB, discovery, and IT Service Management toolsets
- Understanding of common audit, compliance, and regulatory standards related to Configuration Management and CIs
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate risk as it relates to the business.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and ability to work with minimal supervision are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, effective data analysis skills, and demonstrated ability to work collectively in planning and implementing change.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge