Working independently, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the leading the server infrastructure and engineering practice of M365, SharePoint, Active Directory, and Microsoft server environments. This senior-level professional is a seasoned individual that works on complex development assignments and delivers solutions.
- Sharing expertise and insight with other engineers
- Motivating staff and fostering collaboration
- Own technical management of all M365 services (Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.).
- Accountable for Azure Active Directory Synch services, performing monitoring and support of that process and Conditional Access policies
- Translate requirements into technical designs and product roadmaps
- Lead the development effort and help the team turn designs into reality
- Ensure your services can handle the load generated by users
- Interface with external groups to provide integration support, strategy, and direction
- Help set team standards around documentation and best practices
- Demonstrate a strong bias towards service, quality, and customer satisfaction; applying information on past experiences and assists others in applying these lessons to solve problems.
- Monitors Microsoft infrastructure performance and provides utilization projections. Monitors backup system performance and reliability. Monitors messaging performance and performs troubleshooting of errors.
- Performs diagnostic analysis, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of M365 and Microsoft infrastructure. Identifies inefficiencies in process and provides solutions.
- Configures and maintains HA configurations of various types within Azure. Allocates Servers based on application needs using the appropriate protocols and tiers.
- Ensure awareness of and support adoption of M365 roadmap and new tools and capabilities
- Uses communication skills to listen to, identify & address customer needs while building a relationship and rapport with customers.
- Builds positive working relationships with team members, managers & all departments.
- Ensure the appropriate level of documentation to support the operation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Completes IT Governance & IT project job assignments to ensure achievement of established project milestones
- Prioritizes and responds promptly based on severity levels to needs of the customer. Proactively or timely recognizes opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Provide technical assistance in server planning, engineering, and architecture.
- Provide recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support business requirements.
- Coaches and mentors' Level I and II
- Other duties as assigned