Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of projects to ensure that project
goals are accomplished within the specified time frame and funding parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external
• Is able to quickly build collaborative relationships with project stakeholders and project team
• Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with department leadership in
a matrix environment.
• Ensures project results are clearly articulated within scope and delivered business benefits
are of the highest caliber.
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved and time, cost and quality
parameters are met.
• Performs resource capacity analysis and resource plan management in partnership with
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an
overall integrated delivery plan.
• Serves as subject matter expert in briefing stakeholders in aspects of project progress
related to work completion, scope, cost and quality.
• Prepares and manages all project related management plans in support of obtaining
• Ensures flexibility in their use of project management methodology based on the project
requirements (Agile, Waterfall, or a hybrid).
• Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other
related project expenditures.
• Makes good decisions in ambiguous situations and provides stakeholders with
recommendations and contingency plans.
• Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Publishes scheduled project status reports.
• Facilitates the procurement and sourcing process by defining deliverables, managing
procurement team tasks, and ensuring negotiation activities are tracked and documented.
• Is a mentor and coach to team members and/or other project managers.
• Other duties may be assigned.