The Principal Category Buyer determines procurement strategies to optimize the total cost, value and quality of assigned category products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Guides the sourcing and procurement processes, ensures category products and services are attained at the lowest cost, best quality, and on-time delivery.
· Ensures market intelligence and due diligence is completed accurately and timely for assigned category.
· Ensures Legal/Finance/Risk/Security stakeholders are engaged appropriately throughout the sourcing process.
· Leads the procurement life cycle from request submission through contract filing, including, but not limited to: negotiates contracts; manages market and supply risks with terms and conditions; oversees contract review, approval, and exception processes; and develops and maintains templates, Master Services Agreements (MSAs) and standard language for common and/or critical contracting situations in collaboration with Legal.
· Ensures supplier performance is monitored and evaluated for price, quality, and service for designated Corporate Services.
· Drives the recommendations or proposes improvements to sourcing and procurement materials and processes.
· Leads the analysis of assigned category spend; develops financial forecasts; and identifies opportunities for cost savings/avoidance.
· Leads the negotiation of pricing, delivery/timing and contractual language for key purchases; recommends negotiation strategies.
· Manages stakeholder expectations in an easy, inviting and safe way.
· Mentors, coaches and trains Category Buyer I, II and Senior.
· Serves as the trusted advisor to employees, vendors or other customers by providing guidance and input related to sourcing and procurement processes, procedures and services.
· Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies; including but not limited to, participation in industry groups, panels and events.
· Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position requires a minimum of 13 years sourcing, procurement, vendor management, project management or contract experience with progressive complexity and responsibility.
· At least five years supervisory and/or team lead is preferred.
· Expert understanding of contracts and contractual language is crucial.
· Expertise in vendor relationship and performance management is vital. Expert collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills are vital.
· Proven knowledge and proficiency in ERP and procurement systems is necessary.
· Expert ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing is necessary.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
· Demonstrated business acumen with an expert knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with key members of both internal and vendor teams are necessary.
· Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
· Troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
· Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer and vendor situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
· Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
· Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business or a related field or equivalent experience is required. Master's degree preferred. Supply Chain Certification preferred.