Contract to Hire
Provides production support for various database issues and performs general duties across all database servers in the enterprise. Performs ad-hoc data pulls to answer business questions, creates reports, and monitors database server health.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, administration, and performance & tuning of database hardware and software
- Manage day-to-day operational support of development, test and production database environments including backup and recovery of production systems and cloning of databases to non-production systems on a scheduled and adhoc basis as required
- Responsible for query analysis and performance and tuning recommendations including plan analysis, index recommendations and database server configuration
- Collaborate with application teams in the design and implementation of database schemas to meet business objectives & technical requirements
- Monitor and report project status to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Configure monitoring utilities for databases to keep false alarms to a minimum.
- Establish the baseline for system performance and detect deviation, suggesting and executing improvements to slow running queries.
- Manage business intelligence objects, with a lighter role in the creation of these objects
- Creates reporting using SSRS and/or report builder
- Ability to provide on-call assistance to urgent production database matters in a 24x7 environment
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment with multiple databases simultaneously
Qualifications/Requirements of the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience/certification
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Database administration
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (2019), including SQL data types, table definitions, stored procedures, TSQL queries, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong command of T-SQL, leveraging SQL Server tools, and other database management tools for maintaining MySQL and PostgreSQL database environments
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a corporate environment, supporting production, as well as QA/DEV/Test environments.
- Significant knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Skilled in the following database technologies (TSQL, SSIS, DTS, SSRS)
- Strong knowledge with HA/DR technologies such as clustering and replication
• Strong knowledge with data warehouse concepts
- Able to translate business requirements from non-technical users into technical solutions
- Display an eagerness to learn new technologies and have a can-do attitude and the desire to provide complete solutions rather than simple fixes
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well as a team member and as an individual with little to no supervision
- Ability to complete projects that exceed expectations with little to no supervision