About This Job:
As a Manager of Platform Engineering, you are a product-minded, customer-focused manager who can help take ideas from idea to implementation. You propose and implement various core components of the platform in collaboration with teams. As a member of the team, you will provide the technical expertise needed to overcome hard problems. By now, you would have built and supported critical components of products/platforms at scale. You will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment that crosses multiple technology domains, business teams, and offices.
- Experienced in the areas of DevOps, Security, Governance, CI/CD, and Containerization.
- Facilitate the design, build, test, and deployment of cloud and on-premises infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available in any cloud or virtual environment; predominately Azure, AWS, and VMWare.
- Ensure the standardization, design, implementation, and improvements of CI/CD pipelines for both production and lower-level environments.
- Collaborate with the InfoSec team to ensure implementation of security best practices across the infrastructure.
- Be hyper-focused on optimization, cost analysis, and risk management
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Mentor staff to grow as Site Reliability Engineers.
- Facilitate automation deployments to reduce toil and improve efficiencies across systems and data centers.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of Azure infrastructure and systems.
- Escalate and help solve any technical issues that can prove risk to production systems and business.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation for architecture implementation plan, as this can be used for reusable patterns and trends for any future cloud solutions.
- Work on a cross-functional agile delivery team.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, especially recurring problems impacting production applications.
- Document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces.
- Continuously evaluate platforms against emerging technology trends or business growth areas and target areas of opportunity to ensure performance and capacity exceed demand.
- Ensure technology solutions are designed, developed, and implemented to meet business needs.
- Ensure technologies and processes are simple, standard, and integrated.