This individual will be responsible to provide administration and 2nd level support for third-party and in-house developed applications on our AIX and Solaris Unix servers while working closely with our Datacenter Outsourcer – system administration teams, in-house software development teams, end users, and software vendors to provide optimum system performance, fast problem resolution and availability of our Unix Systems.
- Manage our Datacenter Outsourcer in the support of servers running Applications in US and Singapore.
- Ensure system/infrastructure incidents are resolved ontime (MTTR) meeting SLA and minimize impact to business
- Manage the AIX /Solaris UNIX Servers and is well verse in Unix Security, scripting, backup and store function, virtualisation and manage High Availability configuration of servers like HACMP for AIX machines.
- Primarily responsible for optimization, tuning, and support of enterprise-level servers at remote location around the globe
- Manage liaison and work closely with end users and application developers in the support of mission critical applications and to provide advice on a consulting mode
- Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems administration field. Specific activities include:
- Installation of new system releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches;
- Server monitoring, problem solving and resolution;
- Report generation and documentation
- Design and deploy system utilities and monitoring software to configure hosts/servers, registries, security policies, network setting, server services and performance reporting to ensure robust system and application performance. When required develop native operating system scripts and/or modify scripts to perform the former
- Set global standards for hardware, configurations, versions, and utilities on appropriate platforms; perform capacity planning in conjunction with field IT Managers and application developers.
- Must be willing to carry a pager 24 hours per day when on call.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ in depth experience in AIX system administration/engineering. Experience with Solaris is a plus
- IBM Certified System p Administrator an advantage for Unix Specialist/Mgr position
- Must have in depth system support / system experience in one or more of the following areas:
- AIX and other OS Installation and Update
- System Audit
- Monitoring and Tuning
- Problem Determination and Resolution
- Backup and Recovery / Disaster Recovery
- High Availability support and configuration
- Experience in managing Unix Servers using IBM WebSphere solution, Data Management Solution, Content Management solution, EAI and B2B services will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills. Work well within a team. Motivated, self starter.
- It will be a strong advantage if you have experience in transition of the above duty from counterparts in overseas countries.
- Working knowledge of network technology/topologies.
- System technology
- Good managerial skills
- Project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills