Under minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer- SAP BW Developer is responsible for performing complex design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of SAP reporting per business requirements and specifications.
- Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from business stakeholders and/or functional analyst
- Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient SAP solutions
- Provide support, technical explanations and documentation as necessary
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
- Manage design, development and implementation of BW Reporting projects.
- Review and revise technical designs to meet BW Reporting project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned