Under some supervision, the Senior Solutions Architect will be responsible for assisting product and project teams with their short- and long-term solution architecture and environment vision. They are a subject matter expert in SAP Retail functional areas of Materials Management (MM), Logistics General (LO), Logistics Execution (LE), and Sales and Distribution (SD). Must continuously maintain and develop the necessary skillsets, both technical and analytical, to enhance business solutions within Discount Tire’s IT architecture. They will also provide business value by evaluating and overseeing functionality of enterprise applications and technologies and ensuring that it aligns with overall solution direction. Embodies IOOGA (Integrity, Our People, Our Customers, Growth and Attitude).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of projects and products as requested.
· Provide solution architecture for projects and products that are focused on processes, systems, applications, and technologies in areas such as Forecasting, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Sourcing, Procurement, and Logistics.
· Ensure solutions are scalable and meet overall business requirements.
· Act as a liaison between Discount Tire IT and business teams, as well as System Integrators (SIs), to drive architecture solutions.
· Ability to immerse in a function or technology to develop an intermediate level of proficiency in a relatively short amount of time.
· Be recognized as both functionally and technically advanced in the SAP Retail/Supply Chain product space.
· Learn to develop clear options, measures of performance, and assessments for solution architecture to the project and product teams as required.
· Document and proficiently explain complex architecture to technical and functional peers and as needed, to other levels of the organization.
· Participate in Solution Architecture reviews with program and product teams prior to design and development activities and ensure the solution is scalable, is aligned with internal product roadmaps and meets the business requirements.
· Participate in subsequent reviews of agreed architecture at critical project phases.
· Mentor additional team resources as necessary.
· Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders.
· Ability to support translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
· Ability to comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Ability to stay at the forefront of new and/or upcoming Supply Chain solutions in order to drive the future solution roadmap for IT Product Systems.
· Work with leadership in prioritizing work requests from a strategic perspective.
· Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 7+ years of experience in an SAP architecture role.
· 10+ years of experience with systems process design and improvement; experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data and technology
· Demonstrated expert level knowledge of SAP and Supply Chain business processes.
· Demonstrated expert level SAP application knowledge in MM, LO, LE and/or SD modules.
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge of SAP integration points for transactional and master data.
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge of SAP technologies including EDI, IDOCs, BAPIs, and RFCs.
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge in additional SAP technologies including but not limited to WebDynpro, Fiori, NetWeaver, MIM (SAP Retail Store), CAR, and Hybris.
· Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology.
· Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
· Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
· Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
· Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
· In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
· Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key attributes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred; OR equivalent experience
· SAP certifications are preferred