Under general supervision, a Business Project Analyst is responsible for the business analysis development of a project throughout its lifecycle I.E. Idea, Study, Research, Plan, and Implement. Duties include the collection of information required to start projects, collaboration with business/IT owners to analyze and communicate requirements and changes to business processes, policies, etc., and ensure project objectives are in alignment with the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates/assists stakeholder(s) with discovery, scope, estimates, and business case development for new projects.
- Supports project business owners to complete Project Charter and Financial Justification Worksheet
- In collaboration with IT, contributes to research, analysis, and documentation including, but not limited to detailing requirements analysis; fit / gap analysis; cost / benefit analysis; and feasibility studies.
- Participates in cross-functional process improvement and analysis workshops.
- Works together with cross-functional teams to gather information and provide analysis.
- Researches and analyzes process improvement requests made by Business Segment Stakeholders.
- Participates in project/enhancement intake and prioritization process.
- Assists stakeholders in CSI activities.
- Documents current and future state processes using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), and in accordance with Company standards.
- Drives the development of project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); measurements and metrics to gauge value and performance; confirms value of new projects is realized by facilitating metrics definition and tracking investment success in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Acts as a main source of information for assigned projects to external teams.
- Lead meetings, conference calls and assists with training and change management for project/enhancement deliverables as needed.