FTE - Client
The Project Delivery Assistant Manager oversees the project portfolio for assigned business segment. As part of the PMO Management participates in strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, systems, and reporting. Builds and manages a high performance project management team that is responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned Business Segment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Company Vision To be the BEST!
- Caring for and Cultivating People
- Delighting our Customers
- Growing Responsibly
- Drives Value to the Business
- Lives and shares The Dream and philosophies and assists others to realize their dream; connects employees to Company vision and purpose.
- Participates in Project Management Office (PMO) recruitment, hiring, training, employee development and performance management.
- Communicates clear job expectations, goals and development opportunities to employees. Prepares employee development plans; recommends appropriate action to upper management. Conducts performance reviews. Regularly meets with employees in a one-on-one setting.
- Manages work schedules and performs time keeping activities. Monitors and adjusts employee workloads. Provides direction and feedback on the day-to-day activities of employees. Coaches and mentors employees. Serves as an escalation point for interpersonal and operational employee challenges.
- Monitors teams’ projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality level. Gathers, tracks and reports department attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to upper management. Ensures teams deliverables are to the highest standards.
- Works collaboratively across departments to identify and resolve risks, conflicts and challenges, recommends resolution and implementing process improvements. Develops and maintains departmental governance procedures.
- Participates in development of PMO best practices, tools and templates and holds employees accountable for execution of these. Ensures Company procedures are followed, including the tracking and publishing of metrics.
- Ensures the highest level of Customer Delight by promoting and providing excellent customer service
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies; brings forward solutions and serves as a Trusted Expert
- Participates in Company management initiatives such as: meetings, conferences, and committees. Supports decisions made by Company leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties to PMO
- Is aware of all work being performed relating to the IT Books of Business within their AOR and assists Engagement Manager is ensuring the IT Portfolio is kept up to date.
- Collaborates with IT Engagement Manager in forecasting activities on initiatives prior to a Project Manager being assigned.
- Manages AOR level risks, dependencies, contingency planning and ensures defined best practices are followed through all stages of the project and partnering with Engagement Manager to ensure smooth running or the assigned AOR.
- Provides steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines.
- Promotes collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders
- Leads cross-functional meetings and fosters teamwork; drives escalation and resolution of issues. Also participates in all project Leadership meetings for projects within the program.
- Addresses escalated resourcing issues with project manager and resource manager, as needed.
- Will continue to manage projects and perform all the duties of a Project Manager when needed.
- Ensures our procurement and sourcing procedures are followed.
- Maintains excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization.
- Co-ownership of Sponsor/Stakeholder Engagement Training.
- Provides Program/Project Management consulting services as appropriate.
- This position requires a minimum of eight years progressive experience in Project and Program Management. Including managing large-scale complex projects.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge.
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites.
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes.
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change.
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to innovate under new and/or changing conditions.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective consultative and influencing approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic matrix organization.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Cultural adaptability.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Project Management, Information Technology, Retail, Business Administration, or related field.