Under minimal supervision, the Senior Systems Engineer leads the Engineering practice with a focus on optimizing the delivery of infrastructure platforms, automated pipelines and robust feedback systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates functional and technical business requirements and transforms requirements into complex infrastructure solutions. Identify improvements to the process for gathering and documenting requirements. Implements consistent delivery of requirements across all deployed systems.
- Leverage knowledge gained from a broad experience with servers, operating systems, databases, applications and networking to design platforms that meet functional and technical requirements. Advises junior system engineers
- Design and develop highly available and scalable platforms with concentration on automating all phases of the build process using scripting languages, software development and automation platforms.
- Design and develop more complex build and deployment platforms with concentration on automated CI/CD pipelines. Evaluate the recommendations made by junior engineers.
- Advise and support junior engineers and product teams in building and operating CI/CD pipelines. Implement more complex solutions. Evaluate the recommendations made by levels one and two system engineers.
- Participate in defining the infrastructure development lifecycle and collaborating to continuously improve the practice. Enable the infrastructure development lifecycle by mentoring junior engineers.
- Communicate with stakeholders to assist in the adoption of the CI/CD pipeline methodology. Collaboratively define the Engineering CI/CD practice.
- Design and develop monitoring, discovery, reporting, alerting, and analytics systems and tools. Collaborate with SRE and monitoring teams.
- Design, develop and support improvements to the value stream as a result of the feedback gathered from monitoring.
- Collaborate with product teams, operations management and stakeholders to optimize system feedback. Mentors junior engineers.
- Utilize a broader range of sources to identify opportunities that improve our
- system capabilities; including industry trends, research organizations, user groups, and technical conferences.
- Create a safe atmosphere for testing ideas. Coordinate across teams to quickly develop concepts and participate in evaluating results. Influence teams that are developing and/or testing an innovation. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Mentor and coach Systems Engineer Level I and II.
- Other duties as assigned.