Under minimal supervision, the Senior Business Systems Analyst assists in analyzing software requirements, procedures and problems to automate new or enhance existing software applications/systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners to understand software needs and define requirements; translate requirements into technical solutions; provide recommendations and contingency plans.
- Document business requirements and capabilities into Business and Technical Design Documents, use cases and stories.
- Lead planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Capture, document and design business, application and data workflows.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/ engineers and architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identify cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provide solutions to mitigate risk; develop contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Mentor Business Systems Analyst I and II.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to IT Business Systems Analysis processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned.