Under minimal supervision, the ITService Management (ITSM) Process Specialist (Level II / Senior) is responsible for working with Process Managers and stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and bring understanding and discipline to these processes through quality control, training and documentation. The ITSM Process Specialist will manage all critical incidents and some lower priority incidents through their lifecycle and in compliance with established OLAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Open and drive incident bridge calls and troubleshooting chats for Critical incidents and other lower priority incidents as required.
o Assess the issue and promptly engage escalated support teams
o Establish ownership and ensure restoration activities progress o Ensure follow-up actions are clearly documented and are completed.
o Communicate incident updates internally and to customers. o Capture detailed and accurate timeline of actions taken during an incident.
o Complete Post Incident Review (PIR) documentation and conduct a meeting with stakeholders.
• May participate in Problem Reviews.
• Assist Tier 1 or Tier 2 support teams when requested.
• Accountable for Continual Service Improvements (CSI) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our IT processes and services by analyzing and reporting on key metrics.
• Develop and documents training material for Incident Management Best Practices and other processes, and lead the delivery of training presentations to IT teams.
• As a subject matter expert, and in collaboration with other Process Specialists, maintain a process compliance training program for IT resources by tracking compliance to processes and determining a plan for mitigation of gaps.
• Create and maintain documentation for new and existing processes, including but not limited to workflows, procedures, policy statement.
• Participate in requirements gathering for enhancements to processes or new features/functionality through the use of the ITSM software product.
• Develop use case scenarios to use in the ITSM software product for use in UAT or other regression testing, and actively participate in UAT testing.
• Work closely with service, product and business owners to integrate service management practices into the delivery of IT services
• Engage regularly with stakeholders to develop, manage, and refine the ITSM processes, ensuring their needs are met.
• Support, promote and ensure consistent alignment to IT standards, processes, and tools
• Three to five years or more of experience demonstrating extensive subject matter expertise supporting and adhering to an ITSM Incident Management process. Additional experience with other ITSM processes including problem management, change management, reporting and performance analytics, is preferable.
• Three or more years supporting, leading, and/or adhering to an ITSM process (i.e., Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, etc.)
• Two or more years of knowledge and experience supporting an ITSM software product, preferably ServiceNow.
• ITIL V3 Intermediate Level Certification required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including process documentation.
• Strong analytical skillset required.
• Ability to work independently and in a team is vital