FTE - Client
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the creation and execution of Performance Testing and publishes Test results and data (Monitoring data, Application & Server logs etc.);
- Analyze the performance test execution reports and spot performance bottlenecks.
- Create test strategy and test scope for projects
- Lead Requirements/Design reviews to identify test scenarios to be executed for Performance/Load Testing.
- Interact with Project Management to identify viable candidates for project lifecycle intake.
- Proactively investigate and resolve complex technical issues in the Performance Test Environments. Mentor junior staff on troubleshooting methodologies
- Create status reports for completed performance tests. Provide guidance to junior staff on creation of status reports.
- Perform monitoring in the process of performance testing to ensure test validity. Leverage monitoring suite to proactively identify potential performance challenges by creating basic events and alerts.
- Assess impact of application design on performance
- Identify risk/overlap in concurrent testing strategies
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Lead Performance Test readiness including Test Environment, Test Data, and Performance Test & Monitoring tools.
- Perform application administration duties for performance testing tools.
- Find opportunities in tuning the application infrastructure for optimal performance, and assisting the development team in identifying coding improvements and best practices.
- Capture production traffic at regular intervals and use data to update test scenarios to ensure viability and accuracy.
- with guidance, design appropriately sized environments to generate load against the application under test
- Translate technical performance results to a language understandable by different audiences (architects, Business Customers). Create presentations based on performance data in collaboration with PMO.
- Work directly with business and development team stakeholders to identify SLAs and critical transactions for applications and systems. Review existing and new SLAs to identify enterprise-wide risk.
- Champion quality methodologies and rigor throughout all team initiatives; identify opportunities and complete projects to improve internal processes
- Mentor and train QA and monitoring teams in performance related topics
- Stay current with the latest industry technologies, trends and issues in area of specialty
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of Performance Testing/Engineering experience.
- Advanced understanding of SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and DNS
- Advanced knowledge of web page composition (static vs. dynamic elements, browser behavior, etc.)
- Proven experience with Loadrunner / Performance Center / Stormrunner. (Advanced user skill with limited administrative background)
- Proven experience with open source performance tools preferred (ie: jMeter, Selenium, etc.)
- Proven programming experience with multiple scripting and interpreted languages
- Proven skills with databases (ie: MSSQL, mySQL, Mongo)
- Proven experience with the review of software requirements documents, risk analysis and specification documents is necessary.
- Ability to write clear, audience aware and business-like e-mails, status reports and summaries
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to gather the data from long running tests and have them ready the next day for review by Dev and test leads.
- Requires specific skill and knowledge of Enterprise application servers, databases and associated and/or dependent systems.
- Requires expertise of the following: server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, and security.
- An understanding of network components and function is also required.
- Standardized I.T. applications must be learned and used as policy specifies.
- Must always be sensitive to availability, performance, data privacy, and security when performing job functions
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks, while working within strict schedules.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Must be effective working on tasks as a team member as well as individually.
- Proven experience collaborating with offshore performance teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and Excel is necessary
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential
- This position also requires excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Technology, IT Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred Industry related certifications for performance, development and monitoring