Not Specified by VMS
FTE - Client
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate AI/ML practice by developing AI services across multiple focus areas to improve the experience of our users and make our operations more efficient.
- Help create a world-class AI practice comprised of experts in machine learning, product management and software engineering. The experts may be externally sourced in the beginning.
- Demonstrate ability to go deep technically on AI methodologies that are best suited to specific business and customer problems, as well as elevate your thinking to consider business and strategic implications.
- Help executives and stakeholders understand the capabilities and potential value of AI/ML as well as its limitations. Facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations within and outside the team and an ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Provide ideas and insights to identify opportunities where AI/ML solutions can drive meaningful business results. Part of this will include insights into build-vs-buy decision making.
- Collaborate with other teams such as enterprise architecture, infrastructure, etc. and play a key role in determining what technologies, services, toolkits, data structures and methodologies should be employed to optimally achieve the AI/ML objectives.
- Lead the way in doing things for the first time, changing current ways of working and solving the many challenges along the way.
- Execute on your roadmaps and deliver POCs (proof of concept), pilots and projects reliably against projected roadmap timelines. These roadmaps, along with their success metrics, will be set and communicated to IT and business stakeholders by you.
- Responsible for determining your talent needs and maintaining the talent pipeline. With the help of ongoing coaching and performance feedback you will be responsible for developing and retaining employees under your purview in the future.
- Stay current on the latest AI/ML technologies, trends and strategies
- Provide a can-do attitude with a pragmatic balance of velocity, quality, best practices and prioritization
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in AI/ML, advanced analytics, research, modeling/data science and relevant areas.
- Leadership experience in leading AI/ML teams on a variety of business-impacting areas that enabled innovation and business outcomes.
- A strong record in delivering machine learning and/or data products including defining ML problems, identifying data strategy, building ML MVP and scaling/production of a prototype to full-scale production.
- A strong understanding of both the technical aspects of ML as well as business needs. Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology with respect to ML.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively create recommendations, influence decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- Experience in leading remote and distributed teams.
- Experience leading and executing cross functional projects.
- Familiarity and proficiency with agile methods and tools to support project management in a timeline sensitive environment will be a plus.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a vibrant personality.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Bachelor’s, in AI, Computer Science, ML, Electrical Engineering or related fields such as Statistics, Applied Math or Computational Science.
- Certification in AI/ML is preferred.