*Must be a US Citizen or US National.
*Requires experience as Scrum Master in financial services/technology company.
This job is responsible for the smooth operation of all Agile team processes and activities. This includes organizing and running daily stand-ups, sprint planning and sizing sessions, backlog grooming sessions, end-of-sprint ceremonies and creating dashboards & reports to show team productivity
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices, disciplines, and value to be effective and productive team(s)
- Build a trusted and safe environment within the team and coach team members to work effectively through self-organization and accountability
- Drive sprint planning through participation in backlog story grooming
- Create partnership and coordinate with partner functions to ensure team’s development work is reviewed in a timely and efficient manner and
- Work closely with Application Owners to get a deeper understanding of the application strategy, vision, and priorities to ensure development delivery is aligned and to ensure backlog items are have clear and concise acceptance criteria to ensure ‘as-expected’ results for each sprint deliverable
- Experiment with and integrate processes & tools that encourage continuous improvement
- Create dashboard and reports that provide productivity metrics and can provide teams and the organization with relevant product delivery status.
- Develop and maintain backlog management processes and ensure that security, infrastructure and operational requirements are represented by stories in the backlog, prioritized appropriately, properly groomed, and accepted by the applicable team(s)
- Assist in Agile / Scrum standardization across all teams to support baseline measurements for productivity
- Support the company’s commitment to risk management and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data
- Education and/or experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field Scrum and associated certifications are preferred
- Demonstrated Scrum Master experience with a software development team that applied Scrum principles, practices, and theories
- Demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge to lead efficient Agile Teams and their goals
- Requires applicable knowledge of the technologies use by the Scrum team
- Requires deep understanding of patterns and techniques in managing Sprint ceremonies, handling of bugs/defects, and variations of leading productive teams
- Requires working knowledge of other Agile approaches to include Kanban, Scrumban, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Background and drug screen
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.