Under minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer- SAP is responsible for performing complex design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of SAP modules per business requirements and specifications.
· Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from business stakeholders
· Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient SAP solutions
· Provide support, technical explanations and documentation as necessary
· Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
· Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
· Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
· Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
· Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
· Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
· Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
· Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
· Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
· Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
· Manage design, development and implementation of ABAP projects.
· Review and revise technical designs to meet ABAP project requirements.
· 6+ years of experience with SAP application development
· Programming experience related to reporting, dialog transactions, enhancements, SAPscript, Smart Forms, User Exits and ALE
· Experience with MM, PP, SD, or FI modules
· Experience developing in SAP with ABAP/4 and/or HANA using HANA Studio or WebIDE is a must
· Develop backend web-services and RESTful API's (Node.js, OData).
· SAP HANA Technical Concepts and Architecture
· Data Modelling using HANA Studio
· Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, datasources
· Building HANA Views (Attribute, Analytical & Calc Views)
· Knowledge of SAP SLT replication server
· Design, development experience of SAP UI5 applications.
· Develop and maintain JS-based backend services (HANA XS, Node.js)
· Experience working on end-to-end projects
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Time management skills; the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
· Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
· Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
· In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience