Under minimal supervision, the Senior Application Administrator – SAP Basis is responsible for providing leadership for the day-to-day operations of the IT SAP System Administration Team. Responsible for systems level management of SAP Applications and Database Management and leads and supports company strategic projects and internal IT projects.
· Plan, prepare, and install SAP applications
· Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production)
· Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
· Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
· Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
· Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers
· Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor the SAP background job workload
· Configure and manage the SAP printing for all SAP instances
· Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
· Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
· Administer the SAP database both HANA and SQL Server (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.)
· Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required
· Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades
· Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology
· Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
· Perform off-hours support as needed for various system activities, including Windows patching.
· Provide 3rd level support as part of the IT Helpdesk.
· Promote and maintain the identity and reputation, ensuring customer satisfaction and addressing problems and complaints as they arise.
· Act as a mentor to other members of the SAP Basis Application Administration Team.
· Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
· 8+ years of experience with SAP Basis Administration support in a large Enterprise environment
· 4+ years of HANA administration
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
· Experience designing and building high availability and disaster recovery systems preferred.
· Technical knowledge requirements: SAP Netweaver Administration, Microsoft SQL Server Administration, SAP HANA Administration, Must have ability to work independently and in a team is vital. Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
· Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
· Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
· In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Minimum of a four-year degree in computer science, information systems, or management information systems preferred or the equivalent in work experience.