The Quality Assurance Engineer provides quality expertise and documentation to support the development, enhancement, and maintenance of the company’s systems. She/he performs a full range of testing tasks including test strategy, plan and script design, and execution for a variety of applications, systems, databases, or websites. The key to success in this role is having the ability to prevent defects through defect prevention and management, quality processes and collaborating with cross-functional teams. This position will be focused on (but not limited to) Digital Marketing.
- Provides quality assurance testing for moderately complex applications, websites, databases, data, systems, integration, reporting and processes.
- Conducts a full range of testing tasks including test strategy, plan and script design, execution and quality documentation for a variety of applications, systems, databases, or websites.
- Analyzes business and system requirements asking probing questions to fully understand business user needs and how they relate to current processes and system functionality.
- Implements and leads defect management processes of applications, systems, databases, or websites.
- Reviews application features and functions and verifies test automation solutions.
- Provides expertise on the quality methodology and recommends testing approaches.
- Provides escalated (Tier 2) application support including on-call (after hours, weekends, holidays) for priority issues. Troubleshoots complex production issues. Evaluates and follows through on issues and problems until resolved or escalated.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with other IT teams on project assignments and problem escalation.
- Conducts analysis for the evaluation and selection of new quality software solutions and tools.
- May function as project Quality Lead. May provide training and technical guidance.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to foster quality-driven strategy and execution.
- Creates or updates project artifacts using Agile processes, procedures and standards.
- Participates in, or leads, internal initiatives for the implementation, use, and improvement of processes, procedures, guidelines, and metrics for the Quality team or IT organization.
- Keeps pace with industry changes, technologies, and strategies.