Not Specified by VMS
FTE - Client
The Senior UX Designer shapes the vision of the Company’s digital applications (Web, POS, etc.) that solve user issues and address business goals with the focus on simplicity, ease of use and overall user experience. Envisions, prototypes and validates new product ideas using Lean Startup and Design Thinking principles. Requires a thorough understanding of how visual and interactive design work together to create a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates design documentation, including, but not limited to, wireframes, user flows, information architecture, site maps, functional specifications and requirements, functional prototypes and research
- Defines innovative user interfaces and interaction styles to improve user productivity
- Interprets analytics to identify user behavior with the goal to make recommendations for improved user experience
- Refines product development and marketing's ideas; generates creative ideas and provides insight into emerging design and technology trends
- Conducts usability and prototype studies through the use of multi-variant testing to inform design decisions
- Solicits ideas, information and material from corporate and regional stakeholders in order to develop prototypes and strategies to reach targeted audiences
- Develops strategies to increase engagement and interaction
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to application development processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years progressive experience designing usable interfaces and interactions, preferably in a large multi-site organization; retail experience is a plus.
- Experience with consumer web-based products is necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, and prototyping software (Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.) is required.
- Proven knowledge of programming, development environments, versioning software and markup is essential.
- Proven experience conducting qualitative user research and usability testing is necessary. Proven organizational, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills in the field of design are vital.
- Proven user testing experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary, specifically to clearly articulate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing, particularly when communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale. Ability to motivate self and others while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is necessary.
- Ability to extract ideas from key stakeholders, listen to new ideas and move the team along toward business objectives is vital.
- Fostering an environment of teamwork, diversity, and idea sharing to generate the best possible outcome is required.
- A Can-Do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in web design, HCI, IT, digital culture or a related field, or equivalent experience.