Not Specified by VMS
FTE - Client
The Principal UX Designer leads the design of the Company’s web presence, solves user issues and addresses business goals with the focus on simplicity, ease of use and overall user experience. Drives the strategic direction of prototypes and validates new product ideas using Lean Startup and Design Thinking principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines standards/ design requirements for wireframes, user flows, information architecture, site maps, functional specifications/ requirements and functional prototypes; approves final design product.
- Researches, strategizes and defines innovative user interfaces and interaction styles to improve user productivity, including insight into emerging design and technology trends; develops creative solutions to complex problems.
- Interprets analytics data to identify user behavior and make recommendations for improved user experience
- Creates A/B and multi-variant to inform design decisions
- Oversees/ validates usability and prototype studies through the use of multi-variant testing.
- Works with ideas, information and material from corporate stakeholders to develop prototypes and strategies to reach UX goals
- Develops strategies to increase engagement and interaction
- Stays current on the latest UX trends, principles and strategies
- Looks to the future - Introduces best practices, technology, innovation and creative troubleshooting
- Answers employees, vendors or other customers by questions related to UX design, procedures and processes
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- This position requires a minimum of eight years progressive experience designing usable interfaces and interactions, preferably in a large multi-site organization; retail experience is a plus.
- Requires a thorough understanding of how visual and interactive design work together to create a superior product.
- Experience with consumer web-based products is necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software (Sketch, InVision, etc.) is required.
- Proven experience conducting qualitative user research and usability testing is necessary. Proven organizational, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills in the field of design are vital.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary, specifically to clearly articulate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing, particularly when communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Ability to motivate self and others while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is necessary.
- Ability to extract ideas from key stakeholders, listen to new ideas and move the team along toward business objectives is vital.
- Fostering an environment of teamwork, diversity, and idea sharing to generate the best possible outcome is required.
- A Can-Do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in web design, HCI, IT, digital culture or a related field, or equivalent experience.