Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the specified time frame and funding parameters. This position will be focused on, but may not be limited to, HCM projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- . Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents.
- . Able to quickly build collaborative relationships with project stakeholders and project team members
- . Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with department leadership in a matrix environment.
- . Ensures project results are clearly articulated within scope and delivered business benefits are of the highest caliber.
- . Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved and time, cost and quality parameters are met.
- . Performs resource capacity analysis and resource plan management in partnership with department leadership.
- . Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- . Serves as subject matter expert in briefing stakeholders in aspects of project progress related to work completion, scope, cost and quality.
- . Prepares and manages all project related management plans in support of obtaining business benefits.
- . Ensures flexibility in their use of project management methodology based on the project requirements (Agile, Waterfall, or a hybrid).
- . Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- . Apply strong attention to detail and function strategically within project teams; proactively look at the customer roadmap and journey while advancing short and long-term project and customer goals
- . Makes good decisions in ambiguous situations and provides stakeholders with recommendations and contingency plans.
- . Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- . Publishes scheduled project status reports.
- . Facilitates the procurement and sourcing process by defining deliverables, managing procurement team tasks, and ensuring negotiation activities are tracked and documented.
Is a mentor and coach to team members and/or other project managers.
- . This position requires at least Eight consecutive years of project management experience to include package implementation and support of complex business and technology projects.
- . The ideal candidate will have a practical understanding and experience in key Human Capital Management (HCM) processes and practices.
- . Must have sound business and technical acumen. Project Managers must understand the fundamental concepts of the modern-day technical environment;
- . A strong background managing Human Capital Management (HCM) SaaS and On-premise software (e.g., Workday, Ultimate Software, Ceridian, Kronos Inc., etc.) is preferred.
- . Management of Learning and Development SaaS software implementations such as, SuccesFactors, Cornerstone OnDemand, Blackboard, etc. is preferred.
- . Familiarity with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management
- . Familiarity with Organizational Change Management and it’s practices (CCMP, ADKAR, etc.)
- . Understanding and familiarity of leadership development programs is a plus
- . Knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management Methodologies (PMI, Prince 2, etc.) and SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.);
- . Retail/Business background and a proven ability to inspire teamwork, earn trust, facilitate collaboration and remove barriers to ensure project delivery.
- . Project Management best practices including communication, budget, cost, schedule, risk, change and quality management.
- . Experience with contract review and vendor negotiation is also needed.
- . Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- . Some consulting project management experience and some direct people management experience is preferred.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field. PMP Certification, Prince2 or equivalent Project Management certification required.