• Manages installation, patching and upgrades on all enterprise database systems.
• Manages user provisioning and security on all enterprise database systems.
• Maintains the integrity of data within the production environment, including the execution of proper backup and restoration policies and procedures.
• Provides guidance and input on the selection and implementation of all database administration tools.
• Administers database cleanup and optimization activities.
• Assists with database design, particularly regarding design maintainability and scalability.
• Prepares detailed technical specifications.
• Provides assistance in database programming, troubleshooting and management of problems affecting IT and enterprise database applications, as well as developing the area for future expansion.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open database issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Manages and reviews code for deployment and promotion from development environments into QA and production systems.
• Monitors performance metrics and makes enhancements or suggestions on design and infrastructure as necessary.
• Plans and projects system capacity requirements for budgeting and licensing purposes.
• Provides guidance, mentors staff and developers, and acts as technical escalation point for the team.
• Provides database best practices and standards, performance testing and R&D.
• Develops strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinates the delivery of IT products and services.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related field of study (Required).
• Minimum 5 years applicable experience with the following: (Required)
o Development and operational support in two or more relational database systems such as SQL Server (2012 or higher), Oracle (12c or higher, and MySQL.
o Performance Tuning, Query Execution Plans, Stored Procedures, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Data Warehousing, and DBMS internals.
o SQL Server 2012 and higher on virtualized platforms.
o SQL Server 2016 Always-On Technologies (Required).
o Database architectural design and performance assessments.
o Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher.
o Writing database server code, preferably T-SQL (Required).
• Minimum 2 years applicable experience in NoSQL database systems such as DynamoDB, MarkLogic, Mongo DB, Hadoop
• Minimum 2 years applicable experience in Cloud environments such as AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud
• Possess expert knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
• Knowledge of Big Data is a plus
• Knowledge of MDM is a plus
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and significant projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain a detail-oriented approach while multitasking in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to create and maintain documentation of development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals
• Ability to work in a team and individually in a project environment
• Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner