Our client is looking to hire 4 full time, permanent Network Specialists. 3 positions in Toronto and 1 in Toronto or Gatineau.
The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining, supporting, implementing, deploying and operating the core network. The Network Engineer will identify, propose and execute new information technologies and systems to improve the network and responsibilities work to establish the strategic direction of the Company's information systems.
Primary network specialist, responsible for but not limited to:
- Juniper MX, SRX, QFX, EX series
- Cisco Nexus, Meraki, Aironet, ASA, Fortinet
- Adtran TA5000, AOE, ONT
- Arbor Peakflow/TMS
- Responsible for maintaining a DWDM network
- Responsible for network capacity planning and IP management.
- Responsible for network design and recommending appropriate vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining a carrier class national MPLS backbone.
Servers and Systems Software
- Establish infrastructure to support and guide departments in computing and information technology efforts
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the infrastructure
- Assess new computing technologies and the feasibility of system enhancements to determine potential value
Systems Operations and Maintenance
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the network
- Support and respond to network outages.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure Company-wide in coordination with corporate leadership
- Oversees the implementation of network security at the corporate level
- Anticipates future network needs, identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs
- 3-Year College technical degree, or equivalent work experience, in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- JNCIE or CCIE
- Five (5) years of network related experience
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Possess a user-centered attitude and a desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills, sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work within defined technology budgets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical users
- Documented working experience on operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, Windows Server and other applications associated with higher education
- IP routing and DNS troubleshooting experience.
- Strong experience in routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS, BFD, MPLS, RSVP, L2VPN, L3VPN.
- Experience in IPv6 deployments is an asset.
- Experience in assessing security threats and deploying network security is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy and maintain a carrier class network.